Leaderboard
728x15

me and Tom Baker at book signing

Large Rectangle

Check out these celebrity dress images:


me and Tom Baker at book signing
celebrity dress
Image by byronv2
scans of a couple of old film prints from the late 1990s, when I hosted an author reading and signing with former Doctor Who star Tom Baker when he brought out his autobiography. It was very funny, when I was about 8 I met him when he signed Doctor Who novels in Glasgow, decades later I run a signing event for him talking about his new book. The publisher gave us large quantities of jelly babies to give to the readers and the event was huge, several hundred people in the Queen's Hall, from kids to adults and they all seemed to enjoy it.

There is a bit in his biog where he talks about having a fetish for old ironing boards. I assumed this was a joke as the book is written in a very Spike Milliganesque way in some places, but as we were coming out of the backstage dressing room to go on he spotted an old ironing board by the door and had to go over and have a look, so I guess he really does like them!


Joliet Jake
celebrity dress
Image by harry harris
It was for a 'dead celebrities' fancy-dress party.

Though to be fair, I did used to dress up as one half of the Blues Brothers, following the Lacey St. Blues Band around Suffolk :)

324 of 365


Happy Birthday Sara!
celebrity dress
Image by Acererak
Today (31st) was Sara Ramirez's 30th birthday. Her dress was quite beautiful; the same one she wore to the Tonys. However, it's hard to take a picture of yourself, so I didn't quite frame us that well...

Banner